Kyann's Rib Recipe
- 2 lb baby back ribs
- 1/2 tsp salt per lb
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sweet Baby Rays BBQ or your favorite bbq sauce
"Ever since I can remember ribs were my favorite food. My parents have photos of me trying to eat ribs before I even had teeth. This recipe is sure to make some delicious ribs to pair with your favorite red wine!"
Total Time: 6 hours
Recipe by Kyann Varvel
1. When using this rub you are going to want to salt the slab first. I would recommend 1/2 tsp of salt per pound of ribs.
2. Combined all the seasoning into a bowl: 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup smoked paprika, 2 tsp ground black pepper, 2 tsp chili powder, 2 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 tsp cayenne powder.
3. Add about 2 tbsp mustard and 1 tbsp olive oil to form a paste. (If you need more mustard or olive oil, add as needed). Brush on the seasoning paste to the salted rack of ribs. Wrap the ribs in foil and let them marinate for a minimum of 4 hours.
4. Preheat your grill to the lowest setting (around 200 F). Put the foiled-covered ribs on and let them sit for about an hour, then flip and let them sit for another hour.
5. Once they have slow-cooked, remove the foil and put it directly onto the grill. Brush with your favorite BBQ sauce. Let them cook for 30 minutes, flip and brush the other side with sauce.
6. After letting the other side cook, pull off the ribs, let them rest for 10 minutes. and serve!
- 2017 Reserve Zinfandel
- 2018 Cellar Club Tempranillo
- 2018 Cellar Club Le Petit Sanglier