Polpette alla Veneziana
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 4 ounces Italian Sausage or Mortadella
- 2 egg Yolks
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 2 ounces fine-grated Parmigiano
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- dried breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs
Serve these bite-size meatballs on their own, or with a simple tomato sauce for dripping. This can be served as an appetizer or with a pasta dish. It's hard to beat Cabernet Sauvignon alongside a rich, beefy dish like this one.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Timel: 10 hours
Recipe by Wine Enthusiast
1. Using your hands, combine 1 pound ground beef and 4 ounces Italian Sausage.
2. Soak two slices of sandwich bread in milk. Once soaked, squeeze dry.
3. Using a food processor, combines meat, egg yolks, minced garlic, and squeeze dry sandwich bread.
4. Form meatballs 1 inch in diameter and roll in dried breadcrumbs.
5. Deep fry at 350 Degrees for 3-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- 2017 Vineyard Selection Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2018 Cabernet/Syrah
- 2018 Sangiovese