Slow Cooker Apple Cider Pulled Pork
- 3.5 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup apple cider, homemade or store-bought
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
The richness, spice and flavor of slow-cooked pulled pork really needs a bold, flavorsome wine to work in harmony. Choose wines with plenty of fresh bright fruit flavor like Syrah, Tempranillo, or Sangiovese.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Timel: 8 hours
Recipe by Gimme Some Oven
1. Place Half of the onion in the slow cooker. Set pork on top of onion, then cover pork with remaining onion.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients. Pour on top of pork and onions
3. Cook in the slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours, or until the pork is cooked and pulls apart easily with a fork. Shred pork using two forks, then toss oncce more in the joices so that it is coated.
4. Serve with your favorite sandwich rolls, barbecue sauce, red onion, coleslaw and pickles!
- 2014 Estate Cabernet
- 2018 Steinbeck Syrah
- NV Full Boar Red