Gary Eberle's Pasta Carbonara
- 3 Eggs
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese + some for serving
- 1/3 cup grated Romano
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/2 thick cut smoked bacon cut into strips
- 2-4 garlic cloves chopped fine
- 1/2 cup of Eberle Chardonnay
- 1 cup peas (optional)
- 1 lb of spaghetti
- Salt and pepper to taste
Many people know that Gary is a great chef and loved to cook up special meals for his employees from time to time. One of our favorite dishes is his Pasta Carbonara and we would like to share Gary's delicious recipe with you.
Total Time : 30 mins
Recipe by Gary Eberle
1. Place a large pot of water over high heat and add in a generous amount of salt. Once the water boils, stir in the pasta and cook until al dente, about 6-8 minutes.
2. Add eggs, cheese and garlic to a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
3. Add the olive oil and smoked bacon to a large skillet or pan and place over medium heat, cook bacon on both sides until golden brown. Once the bacon is cooked add 1/2 cup of Eberle Chardonnay until it has burned off.
4. Once bacon is done, chop into bite sized pieces and set aside.
5. Once pasta is done cooking IMMEDIATELY transfer pasta to the pan you cooked the bacon in; the pan might still be warm but it should not be over any direct heat.
6. Slowly stir in the egg and parmesan mixture and use tongs to coat the pasta with the mixture. The warmth of the pasta will help cook the eggs and make them nice and creamy to coat the pasta. The eggs should not be curdled or chunky.
7. Give the pasta another stir, then add in salt, LOTS of freshly ground black pepper, the chopped bacon and thawed peas. Stir again to coat. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Garnish with extra cheese and dig in!
- 2018 Eberle Viogner
- 2018 Chardonnay
- 2017 Steinbeck Syrah