Summer Garden Pasta Recipe
- 5 links of spicy Italian sausage
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta (whatever kind is your favorite)
- 1 leek
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 small zucchini
- 5 large tomatoes (home grown Better Boy Tomatoes work great)
- 6 garlic cloves
- fresh basil, thyme, and oregano
- 4 oz fine herbs chevre (Trader Joe's has a great one)
- garlic olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup red wine
In the summertime, everyone has amazing gardens. I had stumbled upon tons of delicious fresh veggies from my coworker's gardens and came up with an easy summer garden pasta recipe.-Kyann Varvel
Total Time: 1 hour
Recipe by Kyann Varvel
1. Add 1 Tbsp of garlic olive oil to your pan. Let it heat up then add your Spicy Italian Sausage. I recommend removing the sausage from the casing. Once cooked, remove the sausage from the pan.
2. In the same pan, add the minced garlic, fresh herbs, diced 1/2 leek, 1/2 zucchini, 1/2 eggplant, and tomatoes. Saute for 20 minutes at medium/low temperature. Add salt and pepper to taste during the 20 minutes. After your 20 minutes have passed, add a cup of red wine to your pan with the vegetables and let it cook down for another 5-10 minutes.
3. As the sauce is cooking, get a pot of water boiling for your pasta. I like the Organic Italian Artisan Pasta Gigli from Trader Joe's. Get the pasta started and drain once finished. Strain and toss with garlic olive oil.
4. Once the sauteed vegetables are done and your sauce is tasting good you will want to blend all of it together to make a sauce. I used a hand blender. If you don't have one, any food processer/blend will work. Once blended, add back to the pot, and use flour to thicken if needed.
5. Once the sauce is to your liking, dish up your plate with the pasta, sauce, and Italian sausage. Crumble the herb Chevre over the pasta and enjoy!
- 2019 Sangiovese
- 2019 Barbera
- 2017 Cellar Club Tempranillo
- 2019 Il Porcellino